 CAD / 13434
Re: How's LEGO Factory working out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:31:59 GMT

   In lugnet.cad, Joe Strout wrote: I got trapped under something heavy and haven’t followed things in the LEGO world for the last couple of months. Last I was in it, a few of us had just figured out how the LEGO Factory bags are organized, and how to get part sets into LDD that correspond to the actual bags.

How have things been working out since then? Has anyone actually ordered a LF set? Have many people been making use of the custom part sets to design more economical models? Any word from the good folks at LEGO about when we might see more parts in the palette?

On the lugnet side of things, several of us had also asked for a LDD or Factory newsgroup, probably under lugnet.cad. That doesn’t seem to have happened. Is there anyone actually at the wheel at LUGNET these days, or is it just flying on automatic?

Thanks,
– Joe

Well, on October 12 Jake answered some LEGO Factory questions on his blog (also posted on LEGOFan), but it doesn’t seem like anything has happened since then. Jake’s answer included this quote:

We’re working on creating an overview of the palettes including a detailed brick list for every palette. We’re currently planning this so we can deliver the new palettes and the overview at the same time we launch the new palettes. This means that we might be launching the palettes later next week than intended. This should hopefully help the fans get a better understanding of what they’re purchasing and they can build using a palette or an individual bag.

Going by that, the new palettes are about a month late (or more, if you consider that they were originally supposed to arrive in September). I haven’t bought a LEGO Factory set, and won’t until the program is much improved. The only indication we have of LEGO Factory’s success is the What’s Hot Now list at S@H, and I’ve never seen the “My Custom Design” set on the list.

As for the .factory newsgroup, I don’t know what the story is. There’s no .year.2006 yet, either, and we’re 5 weeks away. Here’s the latest from Suz on LUGNET administration.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations