 CAD / 13433
13432  |  13434
Subject:
LDraw.org MOTM Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:15:59 GMT

It's been a while since the MOTM contest has been run and I feel that I owe an
explanation to those who support me and LDraw.org.

As some of you may know, I'm enlisted in the US Navy.  Due to a combination of
work schedule change, the planning and execution of a move to Hawaii, and an
unexpectedly long underway once I arrived at Pearl Harbor contributed to me not
have the time to prep and run the contest since February.  Additionally, the
software upgrade we did to the site in May rendered our voting module
incompatible.

A few things have come out of this:
- I have written an entirely new module to handle LDraw.org contests and
voting.  It's about 95% complete and I'm hoping to test it out with the December
contest.
- Now that I'm back on a sea going vessel, I'm going to choose an assistent
admin to handle website issues during those times when I'm away.

Again, I apologize for MOTM for being down as long as it has.  I know that it's
one of the more poplar aspects of LDraw.org's website.

-Orion