 CAD / 12963
    Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how? —Tim McSweeney
   (...) Hmm, How many poly's in that model? and what game is it a mod for? Balancing poly budgets in games is a non-trivial problem, how you do it is very dependant on the game, how many instances of a model is the game expected to render at once? how (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how? —Stefan Garcia
   (...) Actually, Homeworld does exactly that. I've yet to finish texturing the first batch of 28 or 30 ships, afterwards I'll LOD em. This is my first mod, so I was unsure what the poly count guidelines should be, since I want to keep the amount of (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)