 CAD / 12963
  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) Hmm, How many poly's in that model? and what game is it a mod for? Balancing poly budgets in games is a non-trivial problem, how you do it is very dependant on the game, how many instances of a model is the game expected to render at once? how (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) Actually, Homeworld does exactly that. I've yet to finish texturing the first batch of 28 or 30 ships, afterwards I'll LOD em. This is my first mod, so I was unsure what the poly count guidelines should be, since I want to keep the amount of (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)