 CAD / 12961
    Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how? —Steve Bliss
   (...) One way to do this would be project rays through a model, selecting rays with random angles. Keep track of which polygons in the model initially (and finally) intersect the ray -- these polygons are visible. Repeat this process for enough (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how? —Tim McSweeney
   (...) Yeah, I considered that, The other way I thought of doing it is to create some sort of projection volume for each tri (Basically the halfspace stretching from the front face of the tri out to infinity), then clip that by the other tri's in the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how? —Stefan Garcia
     If you were to couple those routines with the script available here, and Blender's power: (2 URLs) You would have a relatively easy way to make CG Lego sequences. It could lead to some really cool stuff, perhaps more things in the vein of the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how? —Michael Horvath
   I am wondering whether you could do this: Pass a plane through a model along the X axis. Keep track of which polys intersect the plane. If these intersections then intersect with each other, they will form 2D shapes on the plane. If any of these (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad)