 CAD / 12689
Re: LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 23:45:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
HI,

got the following error

create_mpd_construction_dats:Failed to open file:
E:\LDRAW\MODELS\8644\LPub\LDraw\main.ldr

LPub does a few things with mpd.  First it unpacks the MPD file into LPUB\LDraw.
If there is already a version of main.ldr there and read only, it could be a
problem.

Kevin, this is the same error I documented here
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=12686 (before I saw this thread). It appears to be
a LPub bug, as creating the sub-dir manually gets around it.

I have no explanation for this.  The creation of the LPub dir and all
subdirectories is all done in one function.  The LPub\LDraw dir is the first one
created.

I just tested LDView and ldglite on windows 98.  ldglite worked just fine.

LDView does not work well.  In both cases I create a batch file with all the
things needed, and then do a CreateProcess in which to run them (using $COMSPEC
/C ldview.bat > ldview.out).

What happens is that LPub sees LDView as finished, before LDView actually
finishes.  LPub does not find the rendered image, and barfs.  When I examine the
Images directory (in computer time *much much* later) the image exists.

Does anyone have any ideas?

ROSCO

Kevin