 CAD / 12685
    Re: LPub —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) LPub does a few things with mpd. First it unpacks the MPD file into LPUB\LDraw. If there is already a version of main.ldr there and read only, it could be a problem. Does your MPD have path information in the "0 FILE" statements? (...) If none (...) (19 years ago, 20-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: LPub —Ross Crawford
     (...) Kevin, this is the same error I documented here (URL) (before I saw this thread). It appears to be a LPub bug, as creating the sub-dir manually gets around it. ROSCO (19 years ago, 20-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: LPub —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) I have no explanation for this. The creation of the LPub dir and all subdirectories is all done in one function. The LPub\LDraw dir is the first one created. I just tested LDView and ldglite on windows 98. ldglite worked just fine. LDView does (...) (19 years ago, 20-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: LPub —Travis Cobbs
      (...) I've seen the described problem when I select a file from the recent files list, and then try to render it. Everything works fine if I manually open the file, but it definitely fails if I select it from the recent files list after having (...) (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

          Re: LPub —Kevin L. Clague
      (...) <snip> (...) Hi Travis, I used to do a CreateProcess on LDView (rather than the batch file) with the same parameters as I provide in the batch file, and I get blank images. This is why I reverted to a bach file. Here is the code that I use: (...) (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

          Re: LPub —Anders Isaksson
       (...) Don't know if this is significant, but I usually put everything in the second argument, both the .exe name and the parameters. In this way even 16-bit programs can be started (and I think I've read about some program having problems when (...) (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

           Re: LPub —Kevin L. Clague
       (...) Than you very much! LDView now renders without using a batch file. I cannot test this on Windows 98 until tommorow when I get home, but this is very promising. Thanks again! Kevin (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

           Re: LPub —Travis Cobbs
       (...) Glad to hear Anders' suggestion worked. One other thing. I can't tell off-hand looking at your code, but the command line string must include the full path to the LDView executable as its first argument even when that's also in the first (...) (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

          Re: LPub —Travis Cobbs
      (...) I commented on CreateProcess in another message. Here I just wanted to say, that explains why the console window keeps showing up in the windows taskbar. That should stop happening if CreateProcess is used to launch LDView. --Travis (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: LPub —Ross Crawford
     (...) But are you sure that function gets called before attempting to create the first LDraw step file? From the error, it seems its failing to open the file for writing, which would happen if the sub-dir doesn't exist yet. It probably doesn't (...) (19 years ago, 22-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: LPub —Michael Heidemann
   Kevin L. Clague schrieb: (...) Hi Kevin, hope you get already my mpd-file. I think that the problem is not the file, but your code. If I put the file in the models folder the problem is not there. So the problem has to be 1) in the creation code of (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: LPub —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Yes, I got your mpd-file. In the case of splitting up the MPD into individual files (Save As LDRAW files), there was an LPub bug. In the case where LPub extracts the files to LPub\Ldraw I found nothing wrong yet. (...) The only environment (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.cad)