 CAD / 1261
1260  |  1262
Subject:
Problem with L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 00:45:03 GMT

Lars,

I have found what appears to be a flaw in L3P.
When rendering a single piece, the renderings always come out in a grey (#7)
color.  (1)

For instance, make a dat file containing only a single 4073 1x1 round stud.
Color it 33 for trans-blue.  Then process it with L3P.

What seems to happen is that, when processing only a single piece, L3P writes
the #Declare line as equaling an "object" using the proper 33 color code.
But then Object line calls the declared item and gives it a default color of
#7.

When processing _more_ than one piece, L2P writes the #Declare line as a
"Union".   Which works properly.

Changing the single part #Declare to = union fixes the problem.
But is it proper to have a single item declared a union?

---------
#declare 1x1round_dot_dat = object {
object { _4073_dot_dat matrix <snip> matrix <snip> #if (version >= 3.1)
material #else texture #end { Color33 } }
}

object { 1x1round_dot_dat #if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture #end {
Color7 } }
Changing that first line like so to fix:
#declare 1x1round_dot_dat = union {

-- Terry K --
(1)  Why the heck am I rendering single pieces?  :-)