 CAD / 12096
Re: half size 3004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:15:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Dean Earley wrote:
Repeat the 3004 part lines to taste, the more there are, the more pronounced the
problem is. It ONLY seems to be a problem when a 2458 part is before any 3004
parts and only in LDView.

Is this in LDView issue or a part issue?
I did notice that 2458 has a 3004 part in it.

Thanks.  It's definitely a problem in LDView.  It's caused by a known bug in
LDView's handling of the Seam Width option.  (It was brought to my attention
maybe a month or so ago by another post.)

There's nothing wrong with the part files.  If you change the order so that at
least one 3004.dat shows up in your model before 2458.dat, the problem should go
away in LDView.  Also, if you disable the Seam Width option, the problem should
go away.  The next version of LDView (3.0) doesn't have this problem.  Hopefully
there will be a public beta of 3.0 some time this month.

Ok, Thank you :)

I'd be happy to beta test 3.0 when you make it available.

Thanks again.

--
Dean Earley