 CAD / 11836
    wannabe parts author needs mentor —Edwin Pilobello
   Do we have a mentor program for wannabe parts authors? I've been studying existing parts files, printing out and stepping through "similar" parts and grinding my teeth on the prospect of spending all that time on a deep learning curve, etc. In the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: wannabe parts author needs mentor —Orion Pobursky
   (...) There isn't really a formal system of support but... All the parts authors are willing to help, if you ask. If you prefer not to discuss it here (and I prefer that you do so that other beginners can browse through you questions) then you can (...) (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: wannabe parts author needs mentor —Edwin Pilobello
   (...) I think documenting my learning process "live" on this forum would be a great idea. I'll get myself organized and start posting my "part author" questions. Thanks! (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: wannabe parts author needs mentor —Niels Bugge
   (...) Great idea, but I think lugnet.cad.dat.parts would be a better choice for such questions. But I'd suggest that you start with some simple parts while you learn the basics. Personally I started with the duplo piece (URL) x250>. While you're (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)