 CAD / 11823
    How to convert 3ds to dat? —Patrick But
   Hi everyone, Is there any method which can convert 3DS format to ldraw DAT format? I find that the ldraw library has only 2 hairs, which is not enough for me to create some minifigures. Therefore, I want to convert some 3DS hair found in the web. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: How to convert 3ds to dat? —Orion Pobursky
   (...) You can try 3DWin. I think it supports 3DS. The link to it is listed in the Software Downloads database on ldraw.org -Orion (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: How to convert 3ds to dat? —Darrell Urbien
   (...) Yes, 3DWin will do what you want. Just remember if you're hoping to get stuff officially included in the library there still might be a lot of work do be done (even after translation). If you're just trying to see something in MLCAD, though, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: How to convert 3ds to dat? —Orion Pobursky
   (...) A "Here's what part I'm working on" and "I'd like to see this part made" tracker is a hot button issue for me right now. Look for some developments in the coming months. -Orion (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: How to convert 3ds to dat? —Patrick But
   Actually, I am new to this ldraw community. As I know, the most updated unofficial part list is here: (URL) also contains some DAT made from users: (URL) there any other location I can find more DAT? Thanks! "Orion Pobursky" (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)