 CAD / 11784
Re: Post Tutorial on BFC INVERTNEXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:46:41 GMT

So, for example, the cylinder primitive by
default has its walls facing outward (like on a stud).  If you put INVERTNEXT
before a cylinder primitive, you'll get one with walls facing inward (like the
inner lining of the hole in a technic beam.

In general, I really think you should only use it to invert primitives.  So if
you use a primitive in your part, and see that the BFC is wrong, INVERTNEXT
should invert it to be correct.

--Travis Cobbs

Thanks.  Actually, the tutorial is not for me.

I'm prepping to expand a Lego CAD summer class I've just completed teaching.  I
feel that the LDRAW site would be much more accessible to kids than the lugnet
forum.

As advertized, the Lego CAD class was designed to help First Lego League
participants to document their robots.  It turned in every other direction but
building instructions.  What's exiciting is that the first 10 kids to take the
class included two girls.  They really took off into story-telling themes.  The
boys on the other hand, were dreaming up animated super heroes made of minifigs.