 CAD / 11700
11699  |  11701
Subject:
A Big Thank You To The LDraw Community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:56:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just wanted to send a big thank you to all the development members of LDraw
and LDraw related tools.

The Info:

I was in 2nd Year computer systems at the British Columbia Institute of
Technology. One whole course each term was dedicated to a big group project. As
a fourth term project, our group decided to do a game. A few ideas mulled about,
and I put forth the idea of a Lego based real time strategy game. We went ahead
with the project, and ended up with a mark of 98%.

I used MLCad to model sets from Space Police 2, Blacktron 2, and Ice Planet
2002, and exported them to DirectX. We made an RTS around these three teams, and
it was pretty neat to see a fleet of Allied Avengers take on a fleet of Rebel
Hunters. Sure did bring back some memories. I also used MLCad, L3PAO, and
POV-Ray to produce some renderings as artwork, intro-screens, etc.

I know that without the initial LDraw tools, this project would never have
gotten off the ground, and again thank you for all your hard work in allowing
our project to succeed.

Regards,

Adam Daunais