 CAD / 11260
Re: Lpub find edges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 00:22:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Paulo Caparica Junior wrote:
   I am not getting lpub to generate nice edges. At this picture the windscreen is a blob with edges only around it:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/caparica/Town/Truck/ib200p16a006ci.jpg

And the wheel hubs have a series of ugly black dots:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/caparica/Town/Truck/ib200p16a007ci.jpg

Does anyone know the right parameters to get well defined edges?

Paulo

Paulo, the “right parameters” depends on what size resolution you are creating your BIs.

I use a 1600x1200 image resolution for me BIs and then shrink them to whatever I need.

Based on a 1600x1200 res, I have found that these parameters work good.

2, //depth difference required for line

0.35, //angle difference required for line

0.2, //color difference required for line

1.2, // 2.0 default line width

You should note that the value for the line width is relative to the resolution of the image, not relative to the size of the object being rendered. So, if you render a brick that takes up almost all of the space in your image, your line will appear thin relative to the brick, where if you have a rendering of a brick that is very far from the camera, the line will appear thick relative to the brick.

-Tim