 CAD / 11119
    Help Request: LDList & LDLite Problems —Kim Toll
   At Brickfest PDX this last weekend I obtained a copy of Tim, Steve & Ahui's "Virtual Lego" book. I'm really quite enjoying it! I've been a peripheral user of the LDraw parts library for years now but I stopped upgrading once the parts reference was (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Help Request: LDList & LDLite Problems —Orion Pobursky
   (...) Hi Kim, I have some answers for you: LDList needs to know where you installed LDraw. Here's how you tell LDList the correct information by setting the LDRAWDIR environment varible: - Click on the start menu - Right click on My Computer and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Help Request: LDList & LDLite Problems —Kim Toll
   (...) Orion, Thanks! That fixed my LDList problem right away. I as assuming it was some simple newbie kind-of problem. So was this in the book and I just missed it? I went back through that section (Chapter 2) and didn't see anything about setting (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Help Request: LDList & LDLite Problems —Orion Pobursky
   (...) It's not in the book. The programs covered in the book set this environmental varible automatically so I assume it wasn't worth mentioning. LDList, however, is not covered in the book and doesn't automatically set this varible. -Orion (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Help Request: LDList & LDLite Problems —Kim Toll
     (...) Actually, it is in the book. It comes on the CD, is installed by the automagic installer, and its use is covered in Chapter 4, page 37. But clearly, I was missing this environment variable. Anyway, thanks for the help on this. I appreciate it! (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Help Request: LDList & LDLite Problems —Tore Eriksson
   (...) It should be set by the automatic installer at ldraw.org, but it neither sets the variable nor creates LDraw.ini (with its BaseDirectory key). /Tore (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)