 CAD / 11122
Re: Help Request: LDList & LDLite Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:31:13 GMT

1) I want to use LDList but it won't work for me.  Nothing every happens.  And
yes, I've done the 'scan' thing.  It seems to create an empty ldrawlist.txt
file.  If I delete the empty file it will ask me to re-run scan, but it just
generates another empty file.

2) I want to use LDLite's VEC.  I've used it in the past (different machine,
different OS) and I really found it useful.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work for
me now.  I've built all the parts but when I click on VEC I get a "run-time
error 9" message.  Something about subscript out of range I think (I don't have
the error message right in front of me, sorry).

Hi Kim,

I have some answers for you:

LDList needs to know where you installed LDraw.  Here's how you tell LDList the
correct information by setting the LDRAWDIR environment variable:

- Click on the start menu
- Right click on My Computer and choose properties
- Once the System Properties window pops up, click on the Advanced tab
- Click the Environment Variables button
- Click on the New button under the User Variables box
- For Variable name type LDRAWDIR
- For Variable value type in the full path to the LDraw directory (C:\LDraw if
you use the default install location on the disk)
- Click OK until you've closed the 3 windows
- LDList should now work

I'm not sure about LDLite's VEC.

-Orion

Orion,
Thanks! That fixed my LDList problem right away.  I as assuming it was some
simple newbie kind-of problem.  So was this in the book and I just missed it?  I
went back through that section (Chapter 2) and didn't see anything about setting
an environment variable.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

If anyone has any good ideas on the LDLite/VEC issue I'd appreciate any help on
that too!

Thanks,
Kim