 CAD / 11010
11009  |  11011
Subject:
Multicolor identical lines in a datfile?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:30:11 GMT

Two parts I've created are combinations of pieces in two colors.
Part x277 (Fabuland Wheelbarrow Wheels) contains a red axle and two plain wheels
(yellow as only known color).
Part x323 (Light Bulb for Electric Light Brick  2 x  4) contains a glass bulb
with metal side tips.

At the place where the pieces in the two colors are adjecant, it can cause
duplicate lines (like the place where the red axle is attached to the wheels,
there is a red 4-4edge of the axle and a plain 4-4edge of the wheel at the same
coordinates.)

Is this a problem?
Should it be avoided?
Should different subparts be used?

(In case of the wheelbarrow wheels, the axle and the wheels are seperate molds,
but always glued together, just like transparant windows in their frames. For
the lightbulb the metal side tips and the glass bulb should never be seperated
either.)

Questions, questions, questions, ....
Niels