 CAD / 10889
Re: MLCad: maximum filesize?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:50:16 GMT

Hello Maarten,

"Maarten Steurbaut" <maarten.steurbaut@skynet.be> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:HpsA05.1J9@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

I am creating a very large sculpture - a virtual sculpture of course - • only
using plates, jumper plates and tiles. I am nearly halfway the project and • it
has already approximately [30.000] pieces (filesize is [1.2 MB]). Things • are
slowing down a bit ;).

Are there filesize limitations?¬
Is there a limit on the total number of pieces?¬

There are nearly no software limits, meaning you can have as many parts as
you like. However you will be limited by the memory of your computer, and
also from the rendering time.

What are the limits in space (X-, Y- and Z-coordinates)?¬

Regarding space there are some internal limits, which I found out are based
on the internal calculations. MLCad starts to make rendering errors if the
coordinate values get bigger than ~+/-50000 dots (equal to 2500 1x1 bricks).

If I manage to finish this project: suggestions on how to render the final • image
are also welcome (being very patient I presume ;) ).

If using so many parts make sure you have all optimisations turned on and at
maximum level, this will decrease rendering time a lot.

Maarten

Regards,
   Michael