 CAD / 10885
Re: MLCad: maximum filesize?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:15:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Maarten Steurbaut wrote:
Hi all,

I am creating a very large sculpture - a virtual sculpture of course - only
using plates, jumper plates and tiles. I am nearly halfway the project and it
has already approximately 30.000 pieces (filesize is 1.2 MB). Things are
slowing down a bit ;).

To think I considered myself crazy when I modelled the ISD. ;-)

Are there filesize limitations?

Not that I'm aware of.  I assume Michael uses file pointers so file size
shouldn't be an issue.

Is there a limit on the total number of pieces?

Yes and no.  No in that there is no limitation in MLCad (although Michael can
correct me if I'm wrong).  Yes due the the fact that MLCad gets very slow after
about 1000 pieces or so (This number is dependant on the amount of memory you
have installed and the speed of your processor).

What are the limits in space (X-, Y- and Z-coordinates)?

A little experimentation yielding this as the range of values:
-9223372036854.78 to 9223372036854.77

-Orion