 CAD / 10489
10488  |  10490
Subject:
Using UNOFFICAL LDRAW PARTS WARNING!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:59:30 GMT

Here is something to keep in mind if you DO download the UNOFFICAL LDraw Parts .zip file and place ALL THOSE files inside the P and Parts folders where the OFFICAL PARTS ar at.

The following text came from William Cain to the LDarw Help Desk

Posted here with PERMISSION from Mr. Cain

I thought you might be interested in the results of combining unofficial and official LDraw parts, with unofficial parts replacing official parts when filenames were the same. The only problem I’ve found so far (and don’t worry, it hasn’t affect anything I’ve tried to do since I downloaded the unofficial parts) is that many (but not all) of the slope bricks 33 3 x 2 are missing a side when used in MLCAD. When you attempt to view these in the menu on the left, an error message pops up which says “File rect3.dat not found! Continue loading?”.

Clicking yes gives you the pieces, but once you insert them into the project you can see that the “back” side is missing from the plain 3298 Slope Brick 33 3 x 2 and others.

End of Message

-AHui

LDraw Help Desk