 CAD / 10488
Re: Program or Feature request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:21:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:

Well,  I was thinking about this while on vacation.  Maybe I'll write a plugin
if I have time.  In the mean time I suggest trying out LCadCalc by Paul Easter.
you can find it here:

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lcad_util.htm

-Orion

Yes, I already have this utility from the very talented Mr. Easter;  that is how
I've been calculating intersections to date.  I was actually looking for
something that would calculate them without having to manually enter coordinates
for each and every calculation.

One idea that comes to mind would be an LDDP plugin that would work similar to
the hose generator;  you would select a type 2 line, for example, and activate
the plugin.  It would then calculate the intersection of the type 2 line and
whatever line followed it, creating TWO type 2 lines (point A to intersection,
and intersection to point B) as well as type 2 (for a line) or 3 (for a triangle
or quad) lines for the following line type.

I already suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, and although I've had surgical
correction for both hands, I have some irreversible nerve damage.  Consequently,
anything that cuts down on keystrokes is a GOOD thing.

Hope this makes sense...

Tim Romine