 CAD / 10431
10430  |  10432
Subject:
Different sizes for 2 & 3 piece ladders (was Re: Ladder Requests)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 04:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Will Hess wrote:
1) Could someone please correct the old three-piece ladder parts (850, 851,
and 852)?  These are twelve studs long in the real world but they're
thirteen studs long in the LDRAW world.

Thanks,
Will

Will,
From what I know, the 2-piece ladder is the shorter version and the 3-piece
ladder is the longer version. LDraw models the 3-piece ladder as 850, 851 & 852,
but doesn't model the shorter 2-piece version.

There are some differences between the two, besides just length. I just uploaded
a picture and description to my compare page:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClarkCorner/Vintage/Comparisons/ladders.jpg
(deep link until moderated)
(post mod)

I've never seen a 3-piece ladder using the shorter parts, and the lack of the
'tab' would seem not to allow for a 3rd piece. I would really like a picture of
a 3-piece short ladder to compare to the two ladders in that picture.

Hope that helps,
Clark

P.S. Many thanks to Travis Kunce for taking the time to snap this picture 'on
the road' just for my gallery!

Visit my Vintage Parts pages, submissions always welcome:

My ever expanding Visual Helper - minifigs, heads, torsos, colors, trees, flags,
and wheels:
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/VisualMiniHelper.html