 CAD / 10401
Re: Question about LDraw 2003-02 Update Part List not showing parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 04:37:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Clark Stephens wrote:
Steve,
I have a question about this update. When I uploaded it onto my machine, it
changed the parts shown in MLCad preview. Specifically, I can't see the plain
tail (2340). I noticed the omission because I was excited about the new space
logo tail, which does show in the MLCad preview pane.
I deleted my parts library & recreated it (a full reload of Ldraw from
ldraw027.exe on up). The plain tail shows through 2003-01 update, but doesn't
show after appling the 2003-02 update. There are other parts effected, too.
The parts are still in my library. The missing parts are not showing in the
preview, and are not in the updated parts.lst. I've created a corrected
parts.lst as a workaround, which works fine, so I don't think it's my
installation or MLCad.

Any idea what may be causing the deletions?

Clark

Hmm, I just installed the new update and didn't encounter your problem. Just as
a stupid check, try running scan parts from MLCad again.  If that doesn't work
try recreating the parts.lst file by using MKList.  If the problem still exists,
post again.

-Orion

P.S.  Try to refrain from top posting.  While it might be okay for EMail, it
makes reading and replying more annoying here.