 CAD / 10395
Re: LPub question: how to change angle of view for instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 02:18:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:
For the first couple of instruction sets I did, LPub seemed to point the camera
in almost exactly the direction I wanted, when producing instruction images.
Example:

Lately though, it seems to have flipped around and is looking at the models from
the other side.  Example:

I prefer the first angle, since that's the direction the model generally faces
as I'm building it in LeoCAD.  It's also the angle I presume, in cases where
brick locations might be ambiguous or confusing... I put them toward the 'back'
of the model first, so that they're not hidden by something closer to the front.
Then I put the nearer brick in the model in the next step.

Anyway, I've tried playing with the camera angles on both the L3P > Camera tab
and also on the Building Instructions > Parts Images tab.  Neither seems to
affect how the instruction images turn out.  The first seems to have an effect
on creating the complete assembly, but the second seems to affect nothing.

Is there something I'm missing?  Or doing wrong?  Have I changed a config by
accident?  Is there some way to fix this?  :)

Hi Allen,

  MLCAD rotation steps are what define the camera angle for building
instructions.  That way you can reorient the camera at *any* time.  I prefer
relative rotation steps, but absolutes work as well.

Thanks in advance,
Allan B.

Kevin