 CAD / 10386
10385  |  10387
Subject:
* LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.5 Beta released *
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 02:22:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all!

Well after 2 months of hacking away, we finally feel that a public release is
necessary so that we can get some fresh minds on the program development.

You can download an installer, a zip file, and a snapshot of the source at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=79133&release_id=175180

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions please post them here on Lugnet or
on the Bug Tracker/Feature Request portion of the project's Sourceforge page.

Note:
This is a BETA release.  Some features may be broken and others may produce
undesirable effects.  It is highly recommended that you install this in a
separate directory and not overwrite you main installation.

Note to all plugin authors:
As of Version 1.5, LDDP no longer uses the Windows Registry. It now uses the
LDraw INI file for it's configuration settings (usually located in the Windows
directory).  If you used settings other than the InstallDir in the Registry,
your plugin will have to be updated in order for it work properly.

Changes since v1.4:

v1.5b 31 July 2003
+ Entire program overhauled and rewritten.
+ Integrated L3P check into the program.  Now called Error Check
+ Integrated BMP2DAT into the program.
+ Ability to reverse the winding of a polygon
+ A model tree veiwer
+ Auto error fix now fixes 'Row N All Zeros' errors
+ Moved all configuration settings to the LDraw.ini.  This file should be
located in your
  Windows directory. If not LDDP will create it there.
+ Ability to change default decimal places when Inlining
+ Ability to define icons for plugins

v1.5a 05/22/2003

+ Published LDDP under open source license. Feel free to contribute to this
project
  and help to keep it alive.

Remarks:

- The palette file (colors.pal) isn't complete. Some colors are missing, some
have to be renamed. Use normal texteditor or LDDP to edit this file. Feel free
to do this and please send us any updates to this file so we can include it in
the next release.

- If you wrote a plugin for LDDP we will be happy to a put a link or the plugin
itself on the LDDP website!

- Search and Replace works but it's still not perfect (e.g. replace doesn't
prompt)

Look for a Linux version upon the release of 1.5 final!

Have fun and play well.

-The LDDP Development Team:
    Carsten Schmitz
    Stephen Schonberg