 CAD / 10246
Re: Announcing BIP Model Inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:56:21 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Jake McKee wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Jake McKee wrote:

I should have also mentioned... you can add inventories to existing B.I. links as well. Simply click on “My Account” in the top nav, then Select “B.I. Inventory Management”. You will get a list of all of your current B.I.s, and the ability to quickly add an inventory.

Thanks!
Jake
---
Jake McKee
Webmaster – BIP
http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/instructions

Cool feature. Some issues that I see:

1) If I want to add another inventory, I have to go through My Account - B.I. Inventory Management - Add/Update. There is no quick link back to the Inventory Management page.

2) If I upload an inventory, there is no way to delete it. I can only overwrite it

3) If my model includes something like

I see &

as the parts, which aren’t usually sold on Bricklink.

4) What about some sort of manual BOM tweakage method? That way, if a part exists in Peeron, but not LDraw, I can include it. It might also help as a work-around to issue 3.

5) I’ve uploaded about 30 inventories and none of my models include the inventory link from the View by Author page. Browsing by catagory seems to work properly though.

6) There are a couple of parts where the images or information doesn’t come through such as

2507

which also goes by P/N 30058. See my 9100S inventory.

7) Lastly, and not necessarily within your realm. Is there any way to show what parts are available, or at least a match percentage, of each store returned from the Bricklink search rather than having to surf through each store? Some stores have multiple lots for each type of part. The inventory above shows one store with 118 lots and that doesn’t guarantee that I can get all of my parts with the one stop. It would be nice to have something like “This store matched 89% of parts requested” or some such.

Hope this helps.

-Duane