 CAD / 10149
  Re: easy pattern creator?

(...) One thing to keep in mind -- parts created with BMP2LDRAW32 (or any other bitmap-to-LDraw converter) are not really encouraged. They're very handy when you need a part quickly, but the quality of the pattern is usually not the best, and the (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: easy pattern creator?

(...) Hejhej, we're talking about my first born here :) Please have a look: (URL) must be one of the best looking patterns ever. But then, you are right about the file size: it's about 92Kb....I thought this probably was a bit large. I think the (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: easy pattern creator?

(...) Hey, is the source to BMP2LDRAW or BMP2LDRAW32 available? I know some really nifty edge tracking algorithms from way back when I used to do image processing that might come in handy here to remove the jaggies. Don (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: easy pattern creator?

Hello Don, well. i am thinking of making it available inside the LDDP package/project. If i would make it open source would you like to participate and make it better? Play well Carsten (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: easy pattern creator?

(...) Sure, I'd like to try and make it better, but I don't know if I can until I see the source. If it's delphi code I won't be able to build it, but I still may be able to contribute. Based on the output, it looks like bmp2ldraw32 already has most (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: easy pattern creator?

(...) Alternativly this looks pretty neat, and goes way beyond my depreciated image processing/vectorizing skills. Maybe it could be useful. (URL) wonder what it would take to create an output-ldr.c file for it and rebuild it to dump .LDR files. (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.cad)