 CAD / 101
Re: Technic angle connector angles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 05:36:57 GMT

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:18:40 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve
Bliss) wrote:

Once upon a time, Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no>
wrote:

I just noticed that there are two versions of the technic angle
connector #5 in LDraw,

32015.DAT     Technic Angle Connector #5
925.DAT       Technic Angle Connector #5 120 Deg.

These have different angles, so I wonder: Which one is correct, and what
is the correct angle?

Drawing upon my hazy memories, I seem to remember that Lutz's first
version of the 925 had the wrong angle.  But he fixed & re-released it
(I think).  Also, thinking about the what the correct angles should be
for all the angle connectors, they are evenly-angled going from
90-degrees to 180-degrees, with 5 possible angles. I know this because
they duplicate the possible positions from the older toothed angle
connectors, LDraw part #4273.  So the correct angles should be:

90
112.5
135
157.5
180

Which means that the part with the 120-degree angle must be incorrect.

Steve

The question of angle accuracy is why I dropped that from the
description.  I figured the pieces are clearly marked, so that was all
that's needed.

-- Terry K --