 CAD / *29120 (-20)
  Re: max problems

(...) ok so you have something that does 3ds to dat? (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: beginner's questions

(...) Thanks Tim! The Mac site looks like exactly what I need :) Cyndi (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: beginner's questions

(...) Hi Cynthia - I'm not a Mac user myself, but this URL should be able to answer your questions: (URL) should be better linked to from the main LDraw.org site, I know (my bad!). I'll put it on the to-do list, and I know I'll have Matt to bug me (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  beginner's questions

I am a Mac user interested in starting to use some form of LDraw. I have looked a several websites about the different programs and getting started, but they are mostly oriented for PCs. I am not sure how many programs are needed. What is the best (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: max problems

(...) You've happened upon the reason I don't use MAX2DAT: I can't since I can't export 3dm or ase files with Rhino. Trying to find a converter is how I found 3DWin for everyone but, if I recall, 3DWin doesn't do 3dm file either. -Orion (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  max problems

ok i got the file dll, but orion heres one thing. i use cinema 4d xl as a 3d modeler, and it exports as 3ds files (file.3ds) im wondering how to make ascii files without the 3ds max (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: max2dat problem

(...) Try this link: (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  max2dat problem

orion i got the file but it says i need vb40032.dll where can i find it? (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My Airlock

(...) IMVHO, too!! ***(out of date warning)*** "I GOTS ta git me one a DESE!!" - Independence Day ***(normal time resumes)*** Cool interpretation of an already cool MOC! Does something hold it up, or does it stay up pretty well on it's own with the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: max2dat link bad

(...) Will send, standby. -Orion (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  max2dat link bad

the link for max2dat is bad at ldraw.org. onyx's site must be down. does anyone have a copy i can use? if so can you mail meat tburger321@aol.com (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non-web-interface posts

I changed my properties to force plain text. I hope this will resolve the issue. Thanks for the input. Marlon 'Excelerator' Smith -- "Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> wrote in message news:HB1Anp.BoC@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: My Airlock

(...) I modelled this part for LDraw and its name is Bar 1 x 3 and number is 167 -Orion (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

Once the numbering system is in place, we then can deal with the next sticky issue: part names. Since everyone will want their names to be the final name chosen, I would like to sidestep that issue - there should not be a final name chosen. But (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: My Airlock

I got mine, I think two or four in the UCS Tie Interceptor last year. I think it's like a fabuland phone piece. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  cad this, anybody?

hey there if anybody wants to cad this i think it would be good for the .space crash course -paul (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  My Airlock

(...) nice lock. i was gonna post mine a while ago: exterior (URL) up into the ceiling (URL) mine is a vertical version of travis' hatch shown here (URL) jus attached the robot arms to the top of the door so it would fold up into the ceiling (it (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Non-web-interface posts

(...) Note that the above quote is what your message looks like from the web interface. I believe (but could be wrong) that the problem is that you don't have Outlook Express set to use plain text for all news posts. My understanding is that Usenet (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My Airlock

(...) I'm using the web interface for LUGNET, with MSIE 5.0. It displayed the link like that in Marlon's original post too - (URL) Clicking on the link (URL) for me reaches Kevin Loch's pictures of Mindfest. -Tim xfut -> admin.nntp (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: My Airlock

(...) What set is that great handle part from and what is it called? Steve (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact