 Books / 70
Re: L'Architecture...c'est un jeu magnifique (Was: LEGO Architectural Postcards)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:54:37 GMT

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:19:24 GMT, hoover@compuserve.com (Susan Hoover) wrote:

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok wrote:

I received (on loan) a set of 30 postcards from a USA collector
recently (I won't divulge his name in case he minds me doing so).
These postcards are from the "L'Architecture... c'est un jeu
magnifique" (Architecture is a wonderful game) LEGO architecture
contest from 1985. This contests was for European architects, and
about 6 entries are shown in the WORLD OF LEGO TOYS book from this
series.

FWIW, OCLC WorldCat lists a copy of the L'Architecture book in French
at the US Library of Congress.  I don't know whether you could actually
get your hands on it if you went there in person or not.  That's the
only copy that shows up in WorldCat.

ACCESSION: 24318562
   TITLE: "L'Architecture est un jeu--
          magnifique," Le Corbusier :
          Wegweiser durch 30 Lego Villen
   PLACE: [Danemark] :
PUBLISHER: Lego gruppe,
    YEAR: 1986
PUB TYPE: Book
  FORMAT: 64 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 x 29 cm.
   NOTES: Catalog of an exhibition held in the Centre
          Pompidou, Paris, July 1985.
          Cover title.
SUBJECT: Architectural models -- Europe -- Exhibitions.
   OTHER: Lugt, Reyn van der.
          Roskam, Albert.
          Korsager, Susanne.
          Lego gruppe (Denmark)
          Centre Georges Pompidou.
          Wegweiser durch 30 Lego Villen.

[XFUT .books]

I have recently purchased a copy of this book in English.  It has one pair
of pages for each entry with some text details about each one.  When I get
my postcards back from Gary maybe I'll send him the book to scan as well,
if he's interested...

Rob

-

Rob Farver - mailto:rfarver@rcn.com