 Books / 382
Re: Das 1. Buch L. -- Brick Testament book to be released in German this August
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:57:10 GMT

In lugnet.books, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
VERY cool news, Brendan.  Can I ask a question, namely: what have sales
figures been like for the (original version of the) book?  They must have
been quite good thus far, to inspire translation!

I know that the first printing of 15,000 copies was sold out by Christmas of
2003, and then there was about a two-month delay before a second printing of
7,500 more copies replenished bookstores in late February.  I'm not sure if a
third printing has been initiated at this point, though I had some indication
from my publisher that one was likely to happen.

That's about all the numbers I have to tell.  I've received only one accounting
statement from my publisher so far, and it only covered the period up to 31
December 2003, so I don't have a firm grip on how well the book has been selling
since then.  But it seems to be doing fairly well -- well enough that foreign
publishers are interested in publishing their own versions, and well enough that
the Genesis book will not be only Brick Testament book in the series.  More on
that soon...

-Rev. Smith