 Books / 148
Re: Books on LEGO history
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 18:15:18 GMT

Jonathan Lill wrote:

I have a question. I bought The World of Lego Toys way back when it cam out,
and only last week bought the DK book of LEGO at LIC. What I want to know is
whether there have been any other books published on the general history of
the company and of the Brick, or any book that significantly covers that
topic. There are lots of books now published by LEGO and others on
Mindstorms, comic adventures and project books like the Klutz series so that
now the Lego bookshelf is large. But I am only concerned with histories and
overviews. Does anyone have an answer? Perhaps Gary?

Jonathan

Sorry to take so long to reply Jonathan.  Usually I only lurk in lugnet.general,
lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.marketplace.  But I had some extra time today, and
went around to some other sites......

As far as I know there are only these 2 books (World of Lego Toys and Ultimate
Lego Book).  There is a book that came out in the early 80's I believe in
Germany, but I haven't seen it.  And it is in German.

Speaking of the World Of Lego Toys, I recently found a note from our office
secretary dated 1986 (before the advent of sophisticated voice mail).  It was
from Henry Wiencik the author of World Of Lego Toys.  I called him back, and he
interviewed me over the phone for the book (page 30).  Unfortunately there was
no time to send him some pictures of MOCs, since it was going to print in a few
weeks.  But he was a great person to be interviewed by.  I sure wish he would do
a followup book.

Anyway,  I don't think that there are any other Lego books.

Gary Istok