 Boats / 93
Re: Seaborn Brick to be revealed Sunday or Monday!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:25:03 GMT

Lindsay, :) its modeled on a 1939 U-47. I,ll try and get a few interior shots
of it online tonight.

In lugnet.boats, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Carl Greatrix wrote:

AHA!....How big was the titanic?....also how big is your ship?.....I have • just
finished a minifig scale WW2 U-BOAT which completely strips down...Its about
120 studs long. Pictures will be posted as soon as I clear the Lego off my
blue carpet to photograph it on :)

You know, Carl, after that Pz VIa (Tiger-I) of yours, you're just being a
killjoy.  ;)   That said, I'm drooling now--I really want to see this thing, • and
see how you handled the various technical issues.  Is there a particular • class of
boat it's modeled upon?

Oh, yeah--and I may have a claim to "second-largest ship" too (pending the • actual
size of Seaborn Brick, naturally):

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/indomitable.html

It ended up being about 220 studs long, and thick enough to carry under the • arm;
it massed ~20kg.  Granted, it's a *very* far second to Terry's RMS Titanic. • (I
think you can get to his Titanic from the lugnet.boats page via WWW, btw.)

best

Lindsay