 Belville / 363
362  |  364
Subject:
5832 Vanilla's Magic Teaparty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:46:59 GMT

I just received this set today. Interesting little set, though a bit
light on parts (if one isn't interested in the doll). Unfortunately, I'm
a little less excited about it than originally. Why? The problem is that
the tea cups are actually DUPLO pieces. They won't sit on LEGO studs
(but sit on a DUPLO stud just fine), also, the handle is DUPLO rod
diameter not LEGO rod diameter (i.e. a DUPLO figure can hold the cup but
a Minifig, Belville doll, or Scala doll can not). The saucers are not
the Scala 4x4 dishes I expected but are almost 6x6 (and also fit on a
DUPLO stud). The good parts of the set are:

- silver tea pot (though I've got a bazzilion of these now)
- 3 trans dark pink minifig cups
- 3 trans dark pink gems
- metallic dark pink Belville crown (yes - as far as I know a new
color!)
- cake (again I've got a bazillion of these now)

Another surprise was that the doll is a Belville child.

I must say Belville is beginning to have the opposite problem of
LEGOLAND, too many women and not enough men.

The saucer sits on top of a 2x2 DUPLO stud area while the cup sits on
top of a single stud, nestled against the 4 surrounding studs. If anyone
has any ideas on how to connect these to LEGO system parts without using
a DUPLO brick, I'd appreciate it, I had hoped to make a magic tea cups
amusement park ride with the cups.

Looking at the pictures of the new Belville sets, I now expect to see a
metallic blue crown, and a gold crown. We might also see a metallic
green crown.

Frank