 Aquazone / 389
Re: Aquanauts Base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:26:31 GMT

Hi,

See below:

Stefan Noll <orchideenmike@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:GApL6B.Ms2@lugnet.com...
Hi !

First I thought the base is unbuildable because it should be stand on the
"sciencelab" which is to unstable.
As long as the structure above it is ballanced, you could beef up the
interior of the bottom section (with straight bricks) sufficiently to hold
the weight.  Rick Kajawa (a local LEGO builder) built a space station much
larger than this with a dinky base and a huge set of arms.

Second I thought 2 of the 4 arms will be to
long so they might breake.
They can be braced with bound technic beams.  It probably would sag a bit,
but I don't think they would break.

And I used bricks that are not available in that
colors.
Yes - A few substitutions would have to be made.

I used them but that shouldn't be a big problem. And I for my self have
much to less bricks.

But after I saw your great buildings I beleve you can build it. I'm • looking
forward to see some photos of your version of that base.

Thanks!  My aquazone city is here in case you didn't see that:
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/aqua/main.htm

In lugnet.aquazone, Brad Hamilton writes:
Great Base!

I don't necessarily think its unbuildable.  With a few substitutions, I
think I could build something similar (I have a LOT of the trans-blue
parts).

Very nice design.  I like how all the sub-domes attach to the main body.

I did something like that as an above-ground tower:

http://members.home.net/hmltn1/city2/new/marine.htm

Stefan Noll <orchideenmike@t-online.de> wrote in message
Hi Aquazonians !

Here is the Aquanauts-Base "Multiplex". It is a very large and • unbuildable
Station but I think it looks cool.