 Aquazone / 106
Re: I am buying Stingray stuff tomorrow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:50:10 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Bradley Dale writes:
Tomorrow we are going ot Zellers and I will have the chance to get either the
6160 for $31 Canadian (roughly $20 US), or the 6198 for $49 ($33 US)!  Which • is
better?  The 6198 gets great reviews and I think the idea of a lab in a sub
makes it cool, almostl ike a mobile base.  I also love the measurements of • this
(45 cm wide!)  But it looks like 6160 has cooler parts like the angled dome
(and I absolutely love those snapping claws!).  I am sure that looking at the
boxes and alternates will help me decide.  I will probably go for the big one,
since it is more marked down, and I collect mostly the huge sets of the
subthemes because they are better to build.  The minifigs in these sets look
like they could be used as Fright Knight undead warriors as well as fishy
mutants.

Go with the Sea Scorpion. I've gotten this set at Walmart for $14.97 over a
year ago. It's great! It has all 3 stingrays, 2 crystals, a snapping claw, a
rubber hose claw, and 2 escape pods! The first is like the #6110 Solo Sub made
from the cockpit andthe tail's end. The second is the left claw piloted by a
stingray. Great for adventure and for simulating battle damage. This was my
first large aquazone set so I built the alternate model on the back that looks
like a spaceship and used them for space until I got the Aquashark base #6190
and the large hydronaut sub. hehe. My friend has all the aquanauts, so I bring
all my baddies and goodies (hydronaut sub) to his house for an all-out war.
Get the Sea Scorpion. It's well worth it. :)

--==Sergio==--