 Announcements / MOCPages™ / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
Minor update to MOCpages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.mocpages
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:27:47 GMT

Everyone:

I just released a very minor software update to MOCpages.

Two seperate features of MOCpages' were causing people become confused as to
the URLs of their home pages.  Changes were made that make your home page
URL a little more "friendly" looking in an effort to alleviate the confusion.

Clarifications were also made on the Conditions of Use page.

About the changes

MOCpages normally appends a random number to the end of your URLs, so that a
web browser won't accidentally cache outdated copies of your pages.  Some
people were mistaking this number for their "id" and posting URLs on Lugnet
and in e-mails that looked like " mocpages.com/home.php?r=12345 ".  (A
correct URL would look like "  mocpages.com/home.php/10 ").

To alieviate the confusion, I made minor updates to MOCpages that will both
1 )suppress the random number on your home page, and 2) forcibly include the
correct "id" into your home page URL.  Additional measures were put in place
to prevent browser caching of outdated pages.

In addition to these changes, the Conditions of Use page was updated based
on concerns with the MOCpages legal documents.  It now explicitly states
that MOCpages or its owner/operators will never attempt to claim ownership
of your content or publish it anywhere other than over the Internet.

About MOCpages

MOCpages is now running version 1.0.3.  It has been live for 28 days and is
currently hosting 176 web sites containing 441 MOCs, 334 reviews, and 3779
ratings.  In the last 30 days there have been over 750,000 hits and 31,000
visitors.

Cheers,
Sean

- - -