 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 738
  The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

This was an extremely fun project to build and came out exactly the way I pictured it in my head. Links to a few images: (URL) the full page: (URL) may be pushing the limits of this parody... PLMKWYT!! (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.starwars) !!

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

(...) [...] (...) *LOL* Very imaginative, and very silly! I'm putting in my vote for a Broccoli fighter (using new light green for the stalk)... please!!! :-) Cheers, Paul (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

(...) ROFL!! Ace, I love the way the wings fold out. Very cool. Next up: Watermelon Star Destroyer? ;-) -alex (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

(...) over how *authentically carro* it lokos, given the medium! Great job ... (...) No way, there's lots more to do! As soon as I saw this, I got a great picture in my head: The Tomato-Wing Fighter. Bascially, make a big red ball, maybe with a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

Oh, this is PERFECT!!! These are hilarious. The use of the orange curved slopes is very nice, and works perfectly. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

I love this for the college nostalgia... Once upon a time (about 1995) there was a game called Tyrian. It was a top-scroller space shoot-em-up. After you completed the whole game, if you started over (hey, I was a college student, of course I did!) (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

(...) pilot to eat? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

belville carrots..... darnit, i wish i woulda thought of that sooner!... maybe i'll do a little experimentin... i dunno though, those things don't look too mountable. ace (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

Can't... stop... laughing... (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

(...) Beautiful! The bush on the back really sets it off. And I like how the wings fold out - nifty! (...) Not at all; keep em coming! I want to see a TIE pumpkin fighter!. -Chris (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

(...) Charming! As long as they are well done (like this one), keep them coming. -- Pawel (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

This is a freaking blast. Not only is it a smart looking ship in it's own right, but it's also a carrot! And let's not forget it contains the daily recommended dose of betacarotine :) Awesome. Cheers, -Gil (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

LOL, Gil...I actually told Ace he should christen it the Beta Carotene a few days ago on FBTB! He said he was actually going to do it! You really echo my other sentiments on the ship as well: much like the Onion wing, it stands up as an interesting (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

(...) ah there in lies the challenge... which, to be honest, is half the fun. glad you like it! ace (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Vegetable Fighter Project continues: Carrot-wing Fighter

Yep, just as soon as i replace my printer and decide on a right type face... i normally shy away from adding foreign elements (since i'm a bit of a not-too-strict purist) but i think i'll make an exception on this particular project. ace (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)