 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 599
598  |  600
Subject:
For those who have visited Star Tours....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 01:20:26 GMT

Hi all,

I built a goosedroid. What is that? Well, let me tell you...

Over in Disney-MGM Studios at the Star Tours Ride, there's an entry queue. As
you go through the line, you get to see some droids, including Threepio and
Artoo working on a Starspeeder, which is your tour vehicle.

This particular droid is a maintenance droid that is either working on an R-5
unit or a guide droid you see before entry to the ship bay.

An overall view to him can be seen here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/StarTours/pa200001s.jpg

Various views can be seen on:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/StarTours/pa200002s.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/StarTours/pa200008s.jpg

and

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/StarTours/pa200019s.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/StarTours/pa200020s.jpg

Construction pix can be seen on:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/StarTours/pa200009s.jpg

through
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/StarTours/pa200013a.jpg

and
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/StarTours/pa200014s.jpg
through
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/StarTours/pa200018s.jpg

or you can wait until its moderated:

This droid has articulation at the head, and the neck nd can also turn its
head. The arms can move at the shoulder and the elbow and the grippers trun and
open and close. The legs can bend at the waist, and turn and bend at the ankle.

PLMKWYT!

Joe Meno

PS. Many thanks to Kris Van De Sande for uploading reference photos:

While I used my G-2 droid action figure for most reference, his photos were
good to look through and check with!