 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 488
New MOC: Marmalade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 03:01:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

New spacecraft - the Marmalade ('lade for short):

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=24801 (after moderation)

til then, go to:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/Marmalade/01.jpg
(pics 1-10, replace number at end of link)

This speedy little craft is in its first stages of testing in Marine R&D.
The unarmed version shown has two large sensor dishes for long-range
transmissions, two main engines and several small thrusters for intricate
moves.  The front coils on the nose spin at amazingly fast speeds.  In the
armed version, these coils will power an energy weapon, placed in the nose.

I set out to make an orange ship when I started this'n.  The lade uses over
half my "good" orange elements.  The greatest challenge I ran into was using
that cockpit while maintaining the shape of the nose and the point that it
meets the front of the cockpit.  Never have I loved and hated an element as
much as that cockpit.

Inspiring crafts were Gil's Shuto Fighter and Jon's M-Wing.

-Chris