 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4295
4294  |  4296
Subject:
BR 9F steam engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:34:33 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Thought I’d post this up as dont see many U.K steamers on here.

It was originally built for a forthcoming show, and was intended to be the “Evening Star”, but lack of availability for many of the parts in dark green has led to it being built in black and will eventually be badged up after the show as “Black Prince” one of the only other named 9F’s.

Its my first steamer built since being a kid, thus found it very challenging, like a vertical learning curve in comparrison to modern engines but also very rewarding, especially now seeing it in motion with all the valve gear working quickly :) Link to the full gallery is here http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=342329

It has a seperate 9v battery box in the tender to constantly power the front and rear lights along with a flashing light in the furnace appature in the cab, to give the appearance of a flickering flame! A few teething problems have been ironed out and it now runs very smoothly around all track geometry, also the front buffers have now been attached to the front bogie to allow it to straighten up to just within 8 studs wide, 15 studs after a bend.

Hope you like it, comments welcome.

Carl