 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4281
4280  |  4282
Subject:
2059 Cadillac El Dorado
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:39:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

A bit over a week ago, I was surfing around the Legoverse trying to find some inspiration to build something space-related, and I came across the Building The Future That Never Was Contest on classic-space.com. I got to thinking about the whole retro-future thing, and thought of doing a Jetsons-style aircar, which of course means using the clear dome, and then I thought of capturing the Cadillac fins of the late 1950’s and early 1960’s. After much experimentation, this is what I came up with:

I’m especially happy with the studlessness of it... the only studs showing are the headlamps (which don’t count, in my opinion) and a few studs half-visible on the rear part of the hood. The underside is also smooth, using SNOT (Studs Not On Top) construction to mount parts upside-down.

See it also on my blog (Brickpile.com) and on Flickr (or as a slideshow).