 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4171
4170  |  4172
Subject:
technic furniture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:50:23 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

many years ago i gave away my technic pieces. i felt they had no value (i know, i know, how innocent i was). i didn’t feel i had a future building cranes or robots or motorized mocs, ;). how little i knew giving away those gears and things with holes in them.

i have seen the error of my ways, and found great uses for some of the more interesting technic pieces and now i’ve been stocking up. of course, i lament about the colours available but we all have colour issues in some form or other, don’t we?

as a result, i have been making furniture with these versatile pieces, mostly patio furniture, but i feel that there is much more to come. most of it is featured in my double decker house, both on the deck and in the spa/pool area. the dark tan and black seating reminds me of furniture found in front of 50’s era motels.

i have often wanted to recreate ladderback chairs in lego, but a suitable design never popped into my head. when i saw the mechanical droid arms in black, i thought i’d solved my problem. the seat of the chair is pinched between two droid arms, making it quite fidgety, but the i think the look works. thanks to jason for letting rifle through his extensive technic collection looking for just the right pieces!

now, if only those technic half pins came in black! enjoy.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-