 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4149
4148  |  4150
Subject:
Post Apocalypse roundup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 00:01:15 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The Flickr Apocalego contest sent me into a building rampage, and these are the results:

For the “No Survivors” category, the Empty Swingset:

Only the wind pushes the swings anymore.

It doesn’t really scream “apocalypse” to me as much as I had hoped, but I’m still happy with it. Pictures on Flickr and Brickshelf.

For the “Survivors” category, I went pretty crazy:

Autumn Solitude on the Mountainside:

In a world that has moved on, a lone survivor returns home after an unsuccessful hunt.

This one is actually my personal favorite of the bunch. It was an absolute blast to build. It even inspired a nice backstory (which can be seen on the flickr photos) which may be continued in the future. Flickr and Brickshelf.

Dry Nile:

The Nile has all but dried up. What remaining humans there are do what they must to survive.

The blocks are supposed to be the edge of a pyramid or similar ancient construction. The little group of survivors here is setting up camp in one of the eroded spaces when they are attacked. Flickr and Brickshelf.

Howl of Lamentations Unending:

This one was a crossover for both the apocalego contest and Nannan Z’s Black Fantasy Contest on Classic Space. One of the major goals of this diorama was to convey a serious sense of action, thus the toppling telephone pole and the creature’s foot in mid stride. Once again, pictures on Flickr and Brickshelf.

Thanks for looking, and thanks to Ryan Wood and Nannan Z. for holding these contests!