 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4134
4133  |  4135
Subject:
More military MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 01:57:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

It's been a while since I last posted MOCs, but I've been very busy building
into the new year. The Central Brick Union (CBU) and the Northern Brick Republic
(NBR) continue their endless struggle for world domination, and have added
various new vehicles to their arsenals:

The NBR Saxon is a tough little 4 wheel drive jeep/pickup trick type deal,
available in various versions and configurations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/sets/72157603842011065/

The NBR has a new heavy fighting vehicle - the Beseiger, which is ideally suited
for urban operations and can be fitted with slatted armor.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/sets/72157603443770304/

To counter this latter threat, the CBU has developed the Rhino Streetslugger - a
variant on the dynamic Rhino platform. It features lots of guns and a ladder
that can be used fire-engine style to deploy troops into windows or on tp of
rooftops in street to street fighting:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/2124383978/in/set-72157603377652606/

Meanwhile the budding CBU Navy is beginning to train commandos of its own:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/2123657181/

The CBU Lynx is a light tank, used for recon and quick attacks. I wanted to see
how compactly I could build, and ended up with an 8 stud wide, 14 stud long
little tracked vehicle, with space for two crew members. For the first time
ever, I've mastered suspension with an odd number or roadwheels, and I'm also
very happy with the SNOted camo on the sides and the general studless design (a
first for me). And I added unit markings too!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/sets/72157603841907545/

I've also built two vehicles that don't have factions yet: the Snow Fox is a
small arctic assualt vehcile, very GIJoe inspired:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/sets/72157603705358820/

And I haven't come up with a name for this IFV yet, but I've been trying out a
new camo scheme (and perhaps a new faction), so check it out. I'm pretty happy
how the SNOTed camo on the side came out:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/2238133938/in/set-72157603801707179/

PLMKWYT!

Magnus