 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4016
    new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Deborah Higdon
    (URL) i had originally wanted to build a minifig scale caribbean resort but the financial calculations on 6 bungalows in pastel colours ended that dream. someone suggested microscale (might have been my husband, who despite having no interest (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !!

        Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Ted Godwin
     That is really convincing. I want to go there! I especially liked the deck chairs using the "cheese wedges" and what inspiration to use those odd little corner thingamees for chairs! (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Deborah Higdon
     (...) thank you, i'm glad you "feel" the space! the lounge chairs aren't made with cheese wedges, although that is a really great idea, but i've just checked and they aren't made (yet!) in any colour that would have suited. instead, i used the 1x1 (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Ted Godwin
     (...) Well, whattaya know. I didn't look close enough and just had cheese wedges on the brain I guess. (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

        Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Very nice! Excellent use of parts. Particularly the corner 1x1 panels as chairs. On the peaks of the bungalow roofs, are there fences embedded in there to give that cool effect? If not, what did you use to achieve that effect? Looks stunning. (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Deborah Higdon
     (...) hi jonathan, nice to hear from you! glad you like my little getaway place. and yes, those are embedded fence pieces to get that little detail on what would have otherwise been a really boring roof line. in my post, i forgot to give credit to (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —C. L. GunningCook
      (...) Snip (...) No problem, Im happy to lend out my precious pink... and what results you had! Amazing job. Love the micro scale details and the lovely landscaping, I even noticed the flower plantings are colour coordinated with each building (...) (17 years ago, 24-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

          Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —C. L. GunningCook
       In lugnet.build.microscale, C. L. GunningCook wrote: Snip (...) Oops... infinity pool I meant. Guess I also have cheese bricks or shopping on the brain. Janey "Back to building, Red Brick" (17 years ago, 24-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

          Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Deborah Higdon
      (...) wow, then you noticed something unintentional cause everytime i set up the buildings, they go in different places randomly, so there is no coordination there at all. if only those colours were made in 1x1 round plates, sigh! glad you enjoyed (...) (17 years ago, 25-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —William R. Ward
     (...) A very clever technique. I assume there are tiles placed alongside the fence to build the thickness up to a full stud width? How are the tiles held up? I played around with a picket fence and two 1x4 tiles and was able to get the same look but (...) (17 years ago, 25-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Deborah Higdon
     (...) yes, there are tiles to fill in the gap, and squeezed between the roof slopes they're in tight, but to keep them from falling through, there are 1x2 technic bricks with 1/2 pins placed at the right level underneath the tiles to keep them from (...) (17 years ago, 26-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

        Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Steven Barile
     Hi Deborah, I really love it! I particularly like the idea of thinking BIG and getting small! Too many great innovations to cover them all, but what are the roof apexes made from? SteveB PS in a property so large don't you think there needs to be (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Deborah Higdon
     (...) hi steve, thanks for checking it out, glad you liked it. i described the roof apexes in my reply to jonathan's post, so you can see the details there. as for public transportation, i'm thinking this is an exotic island in the caribbean not (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

        Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Tiffeny Thompson
     Its absolutely adorable, I wanna go back to my honeymoon now, thanks alot. =) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

        Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Tiffeny Thompson
     Its absolutely adorable, I wanna go back to my honeymoon now, thanks alot. =) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Deborah Higdon
     (...) thank you. i made sure to photograph it outside on a sunny day, which was a first for one of my mocs, so that it would make me think of somewhere warm and exotic. maybe i should have waited till the dead of winter to actually make the post! -§ (...) (17 years ago, 24-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

        Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Nathan Todd
     Very nice! You combine two of my least faviourite building styles (town and microscale) into a beautiful creation. I love the perspective and scale as well as the realistic layout. Keep up the good work! God Bless, Nathan (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Deborah Higdon
     (...) thank you, nathan, for looking at something that really shouldn’t, according to your tastes, appeal to you! and while i did post in .town, i forgot to post in my more preferred group .build.arch. i have corrected that oversight. on your (...) (17 years ago, 24-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

         Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Nathan Todd
     (...) A few more MOCs like this one and I'm sure we could come to some sort of agreement ; ) God Bless, Nathan (17 years ago, 25-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

        Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Tony Alexander
   -§ deborah §-, You are such an artist! I truly love all your creations. Not only are they beautiful, they're quite inspiring in their creativity and impressionism. If I remember correctly, you've mentioned before that you're not an architect, but I (...) (17 years ago, 25-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale)

        Re: new moc: microscale caribbean resort —Deborah Higdon
   (...) thank you, i'm glad you enjoyed this latest work. i've been told it wouldn't take much to go back to school to become an architect but i think i prefer building with bricks to building with "concrete" materials, in that this way, i have only (...) (17 years ago, 25-Aug-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)