 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3771
3770  |  3772
Subject:
Spaceship Surface Transport V2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:14:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Here’s the model year 2081 Spaceship Surface Transport, which has several modifications from its MY 2073 companion. Included in the new version is an independent-suspension system for rolling over small craters, an extra axle for the trailer (with limited pivoting ability) along with a wider spread for the wheels, and beautiful, showy lunar-regolith-gray tires. Drivers of this new rig report a much smoother ride than the ol’ ‘73, with less tendency to high-center in broken terrain.

Below, the big rig is shown with a Uranium Search Vehicle (6928), one of the design inspirations for this Spaceship Surface Transporter.

And here’s a closer view of the SST V2.0, which provides a better view of the rear-most wheel assembly:

Thanks for the comments on V1.0 of this MOC. I really like the gray wheels, but I wonder if black wouldn’t be more true to Classic Space... And provide more contrast with the gray ground.

Still thinking about a modular crane for the back... :o)

-best,

Wolf