 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3754
  Another style Garbage Truck

Hello, This is my a truck I built over the weekend. It uses much of the the Mack style cab design developed by Tim Gould late last year. It is a design I really like and I am using it in forthcoming vehicles in a variety of colors. (URL) I am (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) Hi Jonathan, I don't think the back is too high at all. And I think the curve looks awesome. You've really captured the shape of the rear perfectly. Overall this looks excellent. I especially love the greebles on it. They really look (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) Jonathan, I think is a great design. But a few questions about the grey snot tile bricked building in the background... Is it snotted on all sides? Or is the snot just a facade on the one side? Is the building fairly solid or does it fall (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) Thanks. Good to hear. And, thanks again for the killer cab. (...) It was important for me to do it in dark green. I am going to work on another style cab in dark green as well. (...) I have until now avoided mirrors. My overall thought is they (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) Thanks, Jude. (and Tim, once again, for the cab design) (...) Thanks for that as well. Sometimes I wonder if I should be photographing the vehicles alone. Is this the building you're referring to: (URL) It is snotted only on the front. (it is (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) Yes it is that one. (...) Thanks for the info and the link to the picture. Did you connect the light bley shell to the black interior at all or is it free floating? Cheers, Jude (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

--snip-- (...) I used to agree with you but lately I've decided that a slightly oversized mirror can actually add an awful lot to a model. I find that they just have that extra and subtle little bit of realism. Of course it's personal taste so YMMV. (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) It has been a while since I built it, but I am sure the dark bley foudation is 2xn bricks and plates and the two shells (light bley and black) are built upon that and then brought together by another row of 2xn bricks at the very top. They are (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) I'll try a couple of things tonight and post pix tomorrow. Trying new things is good. I'll probably end up deciding that I should have done it a while ago. (...) ;o) lol! Jonathan (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

Very nice! As usual with your work I find myself sucked into enjoying a town MOC (shudders instinctively ; ) I particularly like the 'teeth' look inside the back of the truck, a nice piece of realism. My other faviourite part of this MOC was (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) Thanks! The teeth were a last minute add-on and I like the mean effect they give. I am glad you noticed them. Regarding the pose: yep, just coincidence. I find there are only a few good spots on my layout to photograph vehicles and this is one (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) There goes my whole scenario ; ) It actually does look like an american post office (casts mind back). In Ireland they're small and painted green, a luxuriously building like that is reserved for housing money : ) Sorry to assume.. God Bless, (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

(...) No problem at all. Actually, you mentioning this reminds me that I have another street that I haven't photographed very well yet that has a similar corner building on it that actually was built to be a bank! So, thanks! ;o) Jonathan (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Another style Garbage Truck

--snip-- (...) FWIW I like it better but as I mentioned earlier I do have a thing for mirrors ;) Tim (17 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)