 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3609
3608  |  3610
Subject:
Pyramid of Khafre
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:02:57 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Greetings:

As a member of MichLUG/MichLTC, I have been planning an ambitious building effort for next year’s NMRA National Train Show in Detroit. I currently have three medium to large buildings in various stages of construction. After a while however, the logistics and missing parts bottle-necks started to get a bit tedious. Blah Blah blah...

Anyway, I decided to just have some plain old fun. So I took every last tan brick that I had available and built a replica of the ancient Egytian pyramid of Khafre, a pharaoh of the Old Kingdom’s 4th Dynasty. Just as I was uploading some pictures of it to Brickshelf, “The Mummy” was on TV so I was inspired to add a bit of goofy cursed mummy hijinks with some available minifigs. One side of the pyramid has a cut-away showing a partially accurate rendition of the interior passage way and burial chamber.

I hope you enjoy it...

MOCPages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/23410

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=211337

By the way, Egyptian architecture and decorative style is not totally un-associated with my interest in Art Deco since the discovery of King Tut’s tomb in 1922 had a significant impact on the development on Art Deco style.

-Jim (DecoJim) Garrett