 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3079
  Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

Hi all fans of ship models! Some preview photos are now available on Brickshelf of my latest creation. (URL) design is inspired by Daniel Siskind's innovative method of constructing the hull. (URL) By using 1x2x1 panels and 1x2 plates the hull sides (...) (19 years ago, 7-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.build.military) !!

  Re: Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

(...) Spotted this model on brickshelf last night. So glad you've owned up to being the builder! And no, I'm not specifically a model ship fan, but I am into micro and I think you've done a fantastic job. Thanks for the excellent write up in your (...) (19 years ago, 7-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

That's really nice. My first thoughts were of the old Tente ships - yours really looks like a ship because of the smooth hull. I especially like the asymetric construction in the bow to get everything to fit - clever solution! Would love to see more (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

Sweet! But where's the rest of the task force? ;) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks Dan. Good to see you haven't lost all interest in Lego. The task force is building up but the yard is a bit unorganized as you can see on this picture (URL) anything yourself? /Mattias (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

(...) I like it a huge amount. I need to build some wargaming models, I think! The adaptation of brick-curvature to plate-curvature is a very nice evolution, and I love those AA guns. all best LFB (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks James. Yes it took some time to find this solution which fits well into the bow area and also allowes for mounting the farward 5 inch gun on the centerline. /Mattias (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks John for your kind words. May I ask you and other more experienced micro-builders. What is accepted or not while buildning. I cut hoses to the lengths I need but I don't cut other hard parts. No glue I guess to join parts or to increse (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

(...) Thanks Lindsay. The guns should actually be twins but I found no solotion small enough. /Mattias (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microscale USS Fletcher Class Destroyer

(...) You're asking the wrong person that question :) I tend to make parts I need ;) With great care and attention to finish so most people don't even realise they're aren't original Lego parts. But it is a last resort even for me ! JB (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.military)